Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ready, Set...

I finished packing my 2nd bag. And I finished all my health check up exams, including the dentist. Now I only have to finish packing my hand luggage and buy my travelers checks tomorrow. (I was supposed to do it today but they still haven't deposited my money!!! I'm so mad at them! Usually the salary is available in the morning of the scheduled day, so I checked it the first thing today but it wasn't there...I called the HR and they said that they have untill midnight to do it! It's 3 pm now and it's still not there...They better not mess is up, I only have untill tomorrow to do it!!!)
I'm a bit worried about my bags, cause I think they're a bit past the weight limit. I weighted them on my neighbour's scale and they were ok, but then I had to include somethings I was just given today (very good coats and boots, by a mom's friend, yay!! - couldn't live that behind, I'd have to buy them anyway), but I'm too embarassed to ask for the scale again cause the heavy bags caused a crack on the scale's glass :s hehehehe Some friends told me that theu don't charge anything if it's only a little bit over. We'll see...
And I'm so happy that I found the Havaianas (Brazil's signature flip flop) I wanted! I tried to order from the website but they were out of stock, then today I found them totally by chance at a store I was passing by! :D (Don't despise Havaianas flip flops, man! Even Julia Roberts had worn them to the Oscars once!). I got the slim model in gold :D Not that I'll be using them outdoors anytime soon but anyway....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Havaianas are soooo cool! hehehehe

Hahaha, quer dizer que você quebrou a balança do vizinho?? Pesada? Magina!

Pois é, Dea, ainda me empolgo com metalinguagens do jornalismo. Mas só do Novo Jornalismo, que fique claro, hehehe. Preciso me empolgar pelo menos um pouco para tentar fazer meu TCC, né...

Aliás, existe a possibilidade de eu fazer sobre um festival americano chamado Burning Man, que acontece todos os anos no deserto de Nevada. Aí passo em NY para te visitar, hehehehe.

Dea said...

ah bom,ta desculpada! hehehe
nao, mas concordo, new journalism eh muito bom (os classicos pelo menos), mas so os textos propriamentes ditos hehehe
Nossa, mudanca total!! eh festival de musica isso ai?

Anonymous said...

Por enquanto é só uma idéia maluca. Já que resolvemos ir de volta ao "square one", to considerando todas as idéias imagináveis, hehe.

O Burning Man é um festival alternativo bizarro mais ou menos de arte. Tem umas fotos e um relato muito interessante aqui: http://www.pilula.com.br/burning/index.htm

Eles tem uma filosofia bem legal (nada pode ser comercializado e todas as peças de arte são queimadas no final do evento).

Enfim, uma coisa bem louca, hehe. E é do lado da Califórnia... ah, São Francisco! Quero muito ir para lá.

Você já está se despedindo do Al dizendo "então tá, a gente se vê na segunda!"? hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Agora que percebi o seu "yay!!", hehehehe. Era a expressão que eu mais gostava de usar no trabalho, haha.

- Erica, that company is gonna sign.
- Yay!

- Erica, coffee time.
- Yay! Black coffee with sugar.

- Erica, what's for lunch?
- Thai. Yay!

- Erica, let's get a couple of margaritas at Rosa Mexicano.
- Yay!

Dea said...

HAHAHAHAHA so vc! eh, eu uso mto em portugues, entao adotei em ingles tb! (E ja ensinei o Al a falar "eba" tba! ;-)
Meu, q coincidencia vc falar da Rosa Mexicana! Vi no the winger (blog de uma bailarina do NYCB que ta ai no meu blogroll) ela falando que foi la tb e que elas deram um vale presente de la pra uma bailarina que tinha estreiado no papel principal! Me deu muita vontade de ir! Eh caro?