Friday, January 19, 2007

Heart attack

Oh my! I spent much more than I planned today going from bank to bank! At least I got my money, bought everything I had to buy and closed my last account. And just as I was walking to the union for the homolgation thinking that it couldn't get worse than wasting this hot and sunny day doing that, I had another suprise. They told me that they only had thigns appointed for 1:30 pm, so the girl from my former company that had to be there had come and gone already, so I couldn't do it today anymore! I swear my heart stopped for a minute. I couldn't believe it!! I called the company and they realized it was their mistake, then I explained all my situation (cause I'm travelling this weekend already, it had to be done today) And luckly the girl came back (we caught her just as she was living the office!) and I did everything I had to do too. Phew!

I finally decided what to buy for my mother-in-law (if you've been following you know it had been worrying me!). I really wanted to take something for her, but Al had told me she's a difficult person to give gifts to, and he wasn't helping very much (and when he finally decided to give me a hint I decided I didn't want to follow it). Anyway, it didn't had to be the gift of her life, just something to show I thought of her. With such narrowed options, I bought a fine chocolate box from Ofner. Who doesn't like chocolate, right? And it comes in a cute wood box painted white with a nice golden pattern on the lid that she can use to store small objects later.
One of the chocolate varieties had Cointreau filling (yummmm!), but I know that she doesn't drink at all. I really didn't want to take the chance of upsetting her, (even the filling being just a cream), so I asked for a replacement, I put coffe flavored ones instead. I hope she likes it! *fingers crossed*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaahhh, Dea! Quando ler isso, provavelmente já vai estar em casa, sentada no mini-escritório! hehe

Espero que a viagem tenha sido tranqüila, assim como a entrevista na imigração e o passeio do aeroporto até o apartamento. Que o frio não tenha te congelado!

Ah, adorei o Piola!, apesar de achar que eu devia ter dado um alô para os gringos do bar, hehehe.

Manda um beijo pro Al! And have a nice week ;)

tonya said...

I'm sure she will LOVE it! Have a good flight -- TODAY!!!!! I'll see you soon!

HeloPG said...

Amigaaaaaaaaaa,

espero que esteja tudo ok com vc por aí. Atualize rapidinho esse seu blog. Já estou louca de vontade de saber as novidades!!!!! Ah, não esqueça de colocar fotinhos!!!!!

Bjos grandes,
Helô.