Friday, December 29, 2006

Mommy and me

We had the best day shopping for my things today! Everybody else is already at the beach for the New Year and we're only going tomorrow. It was a long time since we didn't go out like this, just my mother and I. We had lunch at the mall, then we went to the store to check the luggage I had already researched for. Suprisingly, we had inverted roles this time. I showed her the cheapest one I could find for the size I wanted, but she insisted that we took another one, that was the double price! I wasn't prepared for spending that much, but it was on her (and grandma), so...hehehe.
But then the saga began. She suggested that we also checked other store, to which we had to go by bus (cause the car is with the other part of the family at the beach). We din't find better ones there, so we went back. At the 1st store, we asked the clerck to recheck the measures she had taken (cause there's a limit for the luggage size also), only to find out she had taken them wrongly! which meant that apparently the ones at the 2nd store were better! So, we went back home to recheck the size limit with the airline company (cause we didn't know if we had to count the bag's wheels or not), then we ended up buying the luggage at the first store later. (Does that sound confusing? yeah, that's how it seemed to us at the time also, and almost frustrating!) But I really liked the ones I got!
And also we bought....hum....something that a friend suggested I had a shower of...instead of a house shower since I can't take all the stuff with me! hehehe of course I can't take a picture of that....only a privileged one will be lucky to see them...but I'm really really happy with them also, they're gorgeous! hehehe
Today I also scheduled my last haircut and highlights (and progressiva! hehehe). Actually, now everything I do is the "last" before I go....kindda scary actually hehehe
Oh, and I already got my passport back, with my visa :D
Tomorrow I'm going to the beach, I'll see y'all in 2007 now. *HAPPY NEW YEAR*! (e põe "new" nisso!)

3 comments:

Lilian said...

Feliz Ano Novo!!!

tonya said...

How totally fun to spend New Year's Eve at the BEACH!!! I'm so jealous! It is freezing here. Your bags are great -- I love the red one! And congratulations again on getting your visa, and your passport! Happy New Year :) This is going to be a huge year for you!

Anonymous said...

Ô, meu deus, tudo em inglês aqui!

De novo, mil parabéns pelo visto! Depois você precisa me contar como foi! De quanto tempo é?

Cheguei hoje da praia! Foi super legal, mas não fez tanto sol. Mesmo assim, deu pra pegar um bronzeado. Espero que você também tenha conseguido, para causar inveja às desbotadas americanas no inverno de NY, hehehe.

Lindas malas! Espero que caiba tudo dentro delas, hehehe. Fico lembrando do meu sofrimento para enfiar tudo na minha malinha (mas era só uma). Produtos de higiene pessoal, livros, CDs, eletrônicos e casacos deixa para comprar lá! Além de não fazer peso na bagagem, lá sai muito mais em conta.

Aliás, que aventura para comprar, hein? hehehe. Mas tudo vem, vale a pena pesquisar bem antes, para depois não se arrepender.

Vai rolar bota-fora? Ou um coquetelzinho de casamento? :D

Beijo grande e feliz ano novo!

Erica