Thursday, February 01, 2007

Random stuff

- in the land of the gazillion products variety, I had quite a dismay when we were shopping for groceries the other day. Hundreds varieties of cookies, hundreds varieties of soda and even of water (!), but NO varieties of yogurt! I don't know if it's just the place we went to, which is a big one (I forgot the name), or if it's just like it is...but they don't have 1/10 of the yogurts variety we have there...sigh....

- I never thought I'd say that, but shopping for clothes in the winter is a huge pain!! Specially if, like me, you need lots of stuff. You can only take 5 or 6 items at a time to the fitting room, so you go, take your 5 layers on the top and 2 or 3 on the bottom off, them put everything back on, then come back with more, take everything off again, put everything back on...it's really tiring.
Moreover, 1) It's really hard to find things my size. Sometimes even the S is big. I see lots of things I like but I can't buy cause it doesn't fit. I was really frustrated the first day I went out, untill I found the petite department at Macy's! That was a life saver. On the other stores, I have first to see what they have in XS, and then see if I like anything. 2) their pants have a horrible fitting!! (for my body, at least). From what I've tried right now, "low waist" for them means bellybutton level, you imagine the rest... :'( I only managed to buy one pair so far, I need at least one more. Somebody please send me Colcci pants!!! ( I love their fitting).
Oh and as for the shoes, they don't even make my number (at least not at some stores like Zara. I bought gorgeous boots there, but 2 numbers bigger...hehehe at least it stays in place). But that was starting to become a problem even with Brazilian brands. sigh....

- I get electrical shocks from everything. I gave up finding it annoying and started finding it hilarious. From the comforter when I'm making the bed, from door handles, from my wool pullover, and even from a kiss I give Al. hehehehe

- my new CBN: 1010 Wins
-my new Climatempo: Accuweather

- they don't seem to have public scales like we do! At least not on pharmacies or anywhere else I've been to so far. I really wanted to keep track of my weight, cause things can get soo out of control here, specially cause I didn't get back to exercising yet. :S

- Al's metabolism and mine have been in a severe conflict. He has the weirdest eating hours. He doesn't have breakfast as soon as he gets up and he only eats when he's about to die from starvation (not to mention he pratically swallows his food and can work and eat at the same time), and he doesn't mind eating alone. I, on the other hand, usually eat every three hours more or less and can't stand having working devices on the table when I'm eating, and I really apreciate having company to chat, in other words, the meal time is "sacred" for me. How are we gonna pace ourselves, I still don't know...hehehe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ai, deve ter milhoes de iogurtes, nao eh possivel!!! Praga eh um vilarejo perto disso aih e os supermercados tem milhoes de opcoes. Eu adoro os que tem aqui, soh nao curto muito uns que tem chocolate (danete nao eh iogurte pra quem nao sabe, hehehe). Fica aquele gosto de azedo, uma coisa assim meio queijo e meio o gosto do chocolate. Blagh.... E acho q eu sou tipo o Al, eu soh como quando to com muita fome, ahahaha. Mas eh errado, tu jeito eh que eh o certo. Dah um jeito nele, mulher!!! Beijim

Denise said...

AAAAAi que chato, as roupas não servem em mim! Queria ter esse problema, rsrs
Fala pra ele comer direito senão faz mal, e você não quer um namorido mal. Dá certo!
Muito divertidos seus posts!
Bjs
Denise

tonya said...

ha ha -- i'm the same way as you regarding both eating and sizes and find everyone thinks i'm very weird! i actually eat every two hours -- though nibble is more like it ... yeah, sometimes smalls are too small, but wherever there's a petite section that works; it's just oftentimes stores don't have one ... we will have to go up to woodbury commons sometime -- the outlets about 45 minutes north!!!

Dea said...

oh, good to hear that, it means I'm not a freak, phew! Woodbury commons is on my list now! :D
Oh and I was in your area today and almost called but I thought that at that time in the middle of the afternoon you'd be working...
Tati, invejo suas opcoes!!hehehe acho q esse detalhe diz muito sobre os povos, nao? hehe
De, vou tentar essa estrategia! hahaha

Bjos

shonee said...

Hello I have just start reading your blog and I am loving it! Good luck and hope things are working out well for you!